As of 4/30/2019
- Independence Parkway was opened to all traffic on Friday evening, April 26.
- The PTRA resumed normal service yesterday, April 29.
Tank Farm Status
- 15 tanks secure
- Degassing continues on tank 80-10 as a precaution to ensure capture of any potential vapors remaining in the tanks.
- Tanks 80-1, 80-2, 80-3, 80-4, 80-5, 80-6, 80-7, 80-8, 80-9, 80-10, 80-11, 80-12, 80-13, 80-14, and 80-15 have been cleaned to the extent possible at this time.
- Approximately 2175 ft. of hard boom remains deployed in sensitive areas and active areas of the response (see Water Response Progress map dated 2019-04-27).
- 223,882 barrels (more than 9.4 million gallons) oily water recovered from water
- 278,756 barrels (more than 11.7 million gallons) oily water recovered from tank farm
- 6 skimmers
- 5 vacuum trucks
Houston Ship Channel
- All waterways are open to normal operations (per the latest update MSIB 34-19; 4/22/2019)
- Docks and Piers between Houston Ship Channel Light 133 and Houston Ship Channel Light 139 are open to 24-hour traffic unless notified by VTS-Houston.
- For the latest Marine Safety Information Bulletin (MSIB), including Houston Ship Channel (HSC) vessel traffic updates pertaining to the impacted segments of the waterway in response to the cleanup operations please go to: https://homeport.uscg.mil/port-directory/houston-galveston under the “Safety Notifications” heading.
- 10 red-eared slider turtles
- 6 opossum
- 52 birds
- 84 fish
(Released in Anahuac Wildlife Refuge)
- 16 turtles
- 29 birds
- 2 snakes