As of 4/11/2019 Overflight at 07:30 a.m.
Tank Farm Status
- 11 tanks secure
- A heel remains in the naphtha tank. Plans are being made for removal of the remaining heel.
- Tanks 80-10, 80-13, 80-14 and 80-15 are being degassed, which removes vapors from the tank so cleaning can occur. Sludge removal in progress as well from tank 80-15.
- Tank 80-2 and 80-3 cleaning is complete
- Cleaning in progress for tanks 80-5 and 80-6
- Product removal is in progress for two of the base oil tanks, 80-1 and 80-4
- Eastern-leading edge: near Peggy Lake
- Western-leading edge: Sam Houston Parkway
- 167,400 feet (close to 32 miles) boom deployed
- 131,255 barrels (more than 5.5 million gallons) oily water recovered from water
- 175,180 barrels (more than 7.3 million gallons) oily water recovered from tank farm
- 117 skimmers
- 50 vacuum trucks
- 5 red-eared slider turtles
- 6 opossum
- 19 birds
- 26 fish