As of 5/24/2019
- Tucker Bayou still has several segments of sorbent boom in place as well has some hard boom further up the bayou as a precaution. The remaining boom at Jacintoport is being removed today.
- Santa Anna Bayou, Patrick Bayou and Enterprise docks have been cleared and released.
Terminal Operational Status
- ITC continues to make progress to restore terminal operations.
- All ITC’s docks have been released by the state and federal agencies for use.
- Rail, truck and pipeline activity has resumed.
Tank Farm Status
- Deconstruction of tank 80-14 is expected to be completed today.
- Deconstruction work will continue through multiple weeks with tank 80-13 being next.
As a reminder, although many safety precautions are being taken in advance, the possibility exists for small, short duration flash fires and increased emissions in the impacted tank farm during this work. A fully dedicated firefighting team will be at the work area for the duration of the work. In addition, we continue to deploy numerous mobile air monitoring equipment and personnel to closely monitor and react to any safety concerns that may arise inside or outside of the impacted tank farm. Air monitoring in the downwind community has not stopped since it was implemented on March 17, 2019.
An additional notification will be issued via e-notify to the surrounding industrial neighbors approximately 2 hours before deconstruction work begins on a new tank.